Holiday Hair | Boston hair stylist Lindsay Griffin
Published on December 7, 2011
It is holiday time! That means holiday parties ladies. You have your outfit picked out, your shoes and jewelry, now lets decide on a hairstyle. I have gathered a few chic, easy to do hairstyles for the holidays. Here is a side chignon and half up/half down hairdo from Martha Stewart. Very simple to do. I promise!
1. Using a round brush, blow-dry hair smooth and straight, focusing on the top
2. Once dry, use a large-barrel curling iron to create waves from the ears down.
3. Build height and volume at the crown by teasing hair gently with a fine-tooth comb.
4. Gather hair into a low ponytail. Twist it along the nape of your neck, pinning as you go.
5. Once you reach your ear, shape the remaining hair into curls, and pin them back over the twist.
6. Spritz strands in place.
7. To add texture, gently curl and scrunch the wispy ends with your fingertips.
8. Marvel at how gorg you look!
Half and Half
Here’s a few more of my fave holiday hairstyles: